> Travel Desk > Car Rentals >
Conditions of rental > On-Line booking
Conditions of Rental
for Budget Car and Truck Rental conditions)
Gem Chauffeur Drive Conditions
- Rates include car rental, chauffeur, maintenance and comprehensive insurance
including third party liability.
- Rental charges bases on 24 hour rates. Car must return by 18:00 on last day.
- Hourly, half day or full day rates also available.
- Minimum rental fee of 3 hours applicable.
- Driving outside city limits and/or, in excess of 200 Km surcharge of US$15.
- Additional chauffeur supplement of US$15 applicable after 18:00 each day.
- Parking costs, toll fees at renters expense.
Gem Self Drive Conditions
- Rates include coverage of third party.
Collision Damage Waiver
- Renters liability in event of collision of damage to vehicle set at US$80 by
payment of CDW at US$10 per day of rental. Full repair costs must be met by renter, plus
rental charges during repair, if incorrect petrol or fuel is used.
Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- Personal accident insurance can be taken by the renter and passengers at US$5 per day to
provide coverage of up to 5,000,000 Baht.
- Drivers must be aged between 21 and 60 years old with at least one years experience and
in possession of a valid drivers licence together with an international driving licence
permit where the licence is not in English.
- All vehicles are rented with enough petrol to get renter to the nearest petrol station.
Collection and Delivery
- Service available between 08:00 and 18:00 each day.
Parking and Traffic Fines
- Responsibility of renter.
Extension of Rental
- Should you wish to extend rental beyond agreed date of termination you must inform Gem
Travel immediately so that insurance coverage is extended.
One Way Rental
- Minimum of 3 days is required for all rentals one way.
Chiang Mai-Chiang Rai (vv): drop of charge: US$ 30
Chiang Mai - Mae Hong Son: drop of charge: US$ 45
For rental and return at different locations in same city, an additional charge of US$10
We recommend you purchase travel insurance covering baggage loss,
accident, life and trip cancellations. This is available through many
travel agencies and through leading insurance companies.
It is your responsibility to obtain any passports or visas required for travel to the countries you intend to visit. Check with the local embassies in your country. Passengers denied boarding or entry for lack of documentation will
be subjected to cancellation fees.
Responsibility / Disclaimer.
Thaifocus does not accept responsibility for losses or incidental expenses due to changes or delays in airline or hotel over-bookings, defaults, weather, strikes, sickness, war, riots, or any other causes not within the power of Thaifocus. All such losses are the responsibility of the passenger. By enrolling in and tendering payment for any and all services participants agree to accept and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions on this web-site. No other person other than an authorised employee of Thaifocus/Gem Travel, by document in writing, is authorised to waive or alter any condition.